Picasa Plugin for WordPress
Latest version: 0.2.2b, released on 2008/03/02
Picasa LightBox is a WordPress plugin that lets you easily add Picasa images to your WordPress posts and pages.
You can add Picasa images to your posts and pages without using any custom tags. Just click the Picasa Photos tab, browse your albums and select the picture you want to insert. Picasa LightBox does not download Picasa images to your server. Instead it displays them directly from Picasa. Picasa LightBox currently supports only public Picasa albums. Picasa LightBox inserts pure HTML code into your posts or pages so you can easily customize it to fit your needs.
Picasa LightBox doesn’t work with WordPress 2.5! If you are using WordPress 2.5 this plugin is not what you are looking for. Picasa LightBox has been tested with WordPress up to version 2.3.3.
Update: Since a lot of people requested it, I decided to upgrade the plugin to work with WordPress 2.5. Check out the progress here:
If you like this plugin, don’t forget to vote on the official WP Plugins page!
If you wish to support this plugin, consider making a donation!
- Make sure you have a LightBox plugin enabled. Picasa LightBox doesn’t work without a LightBox plugin.
- To install, place the ‘picasa-lightbox’ folder into your wp-content/plugins/ folder. Log in as admin to activate it (under the Plugins tab), and change Picasa LightBox settings under Options -> Picasa LightBox.
- 2007-10-26: v.0.1.1b – Beta version. First public release.
- 2007-11-05: v.0.2.0b – Beta version.
The pathname for “class-snoopy.php” is no longer hardwired (thanks to Andy C). “class-snoopy.php” is included with the plugin.
- 2007-11-11: v.0.2.1b – Beta version.
Minor tweaks and some cleanup. “class-snoopy.php” is no longer included with the plugin to avoid conflicts when other plugins use the same class.
- 2008-03-02: v.0.2.2b – Beta version.
Minor tweaks and cleanup.